Facebook introduced the brand new Page Insights so page admin can learn better about audience engagement with their brand page. With the new Insights, one can:
- Track page performance
- Identify content that resonates with your audience
- Optimize your status updates to encourage fans to tell friends about you
To access your Page Insights is simple, just click at the Insights tab on the left-hand side of your Page and access ‘Likes’, ‘Reach’ and ‘Talking About This’, all these insights metrics are in Pacific Standard Time (PST).
4 Metrics to Measure Your Page Performance
Get to know your new insights Metrics:
1. Total Likes – equal to ‘Fans’ who click the ‘Like’ button above your Page.
2. Friend of Fans – Number of unique people who are friends with your fans (including the fans themselves)
3. People Talking About This – Number of people who created a story from your page posts, including those who:
- Like your page
- Comment, like and share your page updates
- Answer your question
- Respond to your page event
- Mention and tag your page (including photo tagging)
- Recommend your Place page
4. Total Reach – Number of people who have seen content associated with your page (including Ads or sponsored stories about your Page), in another word, have seen your page post in the last 7 days. Total people reached per post can be found below your wall posts. This new number is usually lower than the ‘Impressions’ count because one person can see multiple impressions (=how many times a post is displayed whether it is been clicked or not).
More New Metrics: Engaged Users and Virality
When viewing your new Page Insights, you will see data about ‘Engaged Users’ and ‘Virality’. Engaged Users are people who clicked anywhere on your post. Virality on the other hand is associated with the two numbers listed below each of your wall posts – people reached and people talking about this. You can get the percentage of your post virality by dividing number of people ‘talking about this’ with people ‘reached’. Simply put, how many people saw your post from a story published by a friend.
New Page Insights still provides demographic data about fans that covers gender, age, countries, cities and language. You can discover how your fans found you and like your page from the ‘Like Sources’: Insights > Likes
To learn more about the new Insights join the interactive course by Facebook. Do you find the New Page Insights more helpful than the Old Insights? Tell us in your comment.
Hi, I'm Lee from Faebook.org. Faebook provides latest facebook news and resources, Facebook Fan Page tips and facebook applications, facebook 101, how-tos. Don't forget to sign up as subscriber to receive the latest Facebook tips and Facebook tutorials.
- How to Edit your Facebook Page and set Facebook Landing Page
- Facebook Page Introduction | Start A Facebook Page
- How to Target Fans with a Page Update or Announcement
- How to Like a Facebook Fan Page with Texts (SMS)
- 7 Major Changes to Facebook Page Admin Control Panel (Edit Page)