Recently, there are many Facebook scams messages and phishing activities ongoing on Facebook. Facebook security team is looking seriously at this issue and published a 14 pages ebook called “A Guide to Facebook Security” to educate Facebook users to understand the risk of scams/threats and learn the necessary techniques to protect their information both on and off Facebook.
Obviously, this is an official guide to Facebook security for all Facebook users where you are being guided to:
- Protect your Facebook account
- Avoid the scammers
- Use advanced security settings
- Recover a hacked Facebook account
- Stop imposters
Below are the top 16 tips for staying secure on Facebook shared by Facebook Security team:
• Only Friend people you know.
• Create a good password and use it only for Facebook.
• Don’t share your password.
• Change your password on a regular basis.
• Share your personal information only with people and companies that need it.
• Log into Facebook only ONCE each session. If it looks like Facebook is asking you to log in a second time, skip the links and directly type www.facebook.com into your browser address bar.
• Use a one-time password when using someone else’s computer.
• Log out of Facebook after using someone else’s computer.
• Use secure browsing whenever possible.
• Only download Apps from sites you trust.
• Keep your anti-virus software updated.
• Keep your browser and other applications up to date.
• Don’t paste script (code) in your browser address bar.
• Use browser add-ons like Web of Trust and Firefox’s NoScript to keep your account from being hijacked.
• Beware of “goofy” posts from anyone—even Friends. If it looks like something your Friend wouldn’t post, don’t click on it.
• Scammers might hack your Friends’ accounts and send links from their accounts. Beware of enticing links coming from your Friends.
Download Free Facebook Security Guidebook
Hi, I'm Lee from Faebook.org. Faebook provides latest facebook news and resources, Facebook Fan Page tips and facebook applications, facebook 101, how-tos. Don't forget to sign up as subscriber to receive the latest Facebook tips and Facebook tutorials.
- How to Update your Security Information on Facebook Account
- How to Download your Facebook Information from Personal Account
- How to be Notified when Someone Hacked your Facebook Account